Star Wars: Imperial Winter is a free, multi-platform, real time strategy game using the Spring RTS engine. Featuring over a hundred different units for the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance, spanning from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi, SW:IW aims to not only contain the best gameplay of any Star Wars RTS, but the most diverse cast of units, including:
- Asymmetrical balance: the two factions are very different from each other;
- Total Annihilation-style constant resource system: you do not have to pay upfront for any units, but if you run out of resources by spending more than you are receiving your entire production infrastructure will fail;
- Realistic weapon physics: every single projectile's path is realistically calculated, meaning your men can hide behind a hill from enemy laser fire but not from an artillery cannon!
- Other secret features you'll just have to wait to see!
- All the units you'd expect: Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, X-Wings, stealthy Rebel Commandos, walkers, and more;
- Special infantry such as Imperial Royal Guards, Wookiees, Mon Calamari commandos, and Bothan spies;
- "Reactivated" Battle droids in Imperial service;
- Many repulsorlift tanks from various Expanded Universe sources;
- And others!
Note: Some units, such as Jedi/Sith and AT-AT walkers, will not be initially available because of the balance issues they bring. We must first develop the lower-level units before we can implement such strong units.
Anyone is welcome to use our Forum.
Internet relay chat at irc.gamesurge.net #swiw.
Once connected, be patient if no one immediately responds. We can't be at our computers all the time.
Our general-purpose email address is starwarsspring [at] gmail [dot] com. Specific team members can be reached below.
SW:IW has been featured in magazines such as PC Zone and PC Gamer UK. If you're a member of any press team (magazine, website, etc) and you wish to feature SW:IW, send us an e-mail at starwarsspring [at] gmail [dot] com. We're more than willing to provide exclusive screenshots, concept art, and interviews to interested parties.
Email: gnomre [at] gmail [dot] com
Specific duties: Basically everything but Lua, keeping Zsinj within engine capabilities.
Email: theevilpotato [at] hotmail [dot] com
Specific duties: Modelling, texturing, balancing, keeping everyone else in line.
Modeller, Lua scripter
Email: maelstrom [dot] niiil [at] gmail [dot] com
Specific duties: Modelling, Lua programming.
Specific duties: Modelling, texturing.
Specific duties: Modelling
Concept artist, texturer
Specific duties: Concept art, texturing.
These people contributed various amounts of work at one point or another:
These people created SWTA, the original basis for SWS and its gameplay ideas:
Star Wars: Imperial Winter (SW:IW) and all its content is a work of fan fiction. Star Wars, and all associated content (whether trademarked, copyrighted or otherwise protected by federal, state or other intellectual property law) are property of LucasFilm Ltd. We produce SW:IW for our own use, and for the enjoyment of our fans. We make no profit, and do not feel that it is detrimental to the Star Wars name, brand or license as a whole.